Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
ESSA presents Q&A
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 5:30 PM (EST)
The Economics Student Society of Australia (ESSA) proudly presents Q&A. This event will be in the style of the ABC's Q&A television program. You will have the chance to ask our expert panel questions related to two economic issues of particular importance in Australia - immigration and the two-speed economy.
Our panel includes:
- George Megalogenis, respected economics journalist with The Australian
- Stephen Koukoulas, Managing Director of Market Economics and former economics advisor to PM Julia Gillard
- Professor W. Max Corden, pre-eminent international economist from Melbourne Institute
- James Paterson, Editor of the Institute of Public Affairs (IPA) review
- Associate Professor Neville Norman, Economist, Consultant to the Public and Private sectors and Academic at University of Melbourne
- Stephen Long (moderator), Economics Correspondent at ABC
Catered food (catered by Jumbo Chinese) and refreshments will be served at an informal networking session after the debate, where George Megalogenis will be signing copies of his new book The Australian Moment.
Date: Thursday 16th August (Week 4)
Time: Registration at 5:30pm for a 6:00pm start.
Venue: Public Lecture Theatre, Old Arts Building
NOTE: Online registration is required for attendance and to ask a question to the panel.
Join the discussion on twitter: #essaqanda
Discuss the event on our facebook page: www.facebook.com/essa.unimelb
When & Where
Economics Student Society of Australia
The Economics Student Society of Australia was founded in February 2012 at University of Melbourne by a group of friends who love economics. It is now the largest economics society of its kind in Australia, spanning across Melbourne and Monash universities. We constantly strive to push the boundaries on what a student society can achieve – to engage with members, to give them a voice, and to connect students, professionals and academics. We’re passionate about economics, and we look forward to sharing that passion with you!